Submit information about coming Field Schools
All UArctic member institutions and others may upload information of coming Field Schools. The information will be published on the websites of UArctic and APECS and therefore be visible to a large audience. Email course details to firstname.lastname@example.org
or upload them to the APECS site
UArctic Field School aims and strategy:
The UArctic Field School aims to promote cooperation and visibility among participating programs by:
- Engaging in cooperative activities, such as holding joint courses or sharing facilities and other resources
- Developing common funding approaches, or sharing funding information
- Student networking
||Field work in Billefjorden Svalbard, monitoring the heat in Saxifraga oppositifolia tufts(Elise Strømseng/UNIS)
The UArctic Strategic Implementation (2008-2013) defines the goals of the UArctic Field School:
- To establish a comprehensive set of field schools operated by, or in partnership with, UArctic members (individually or jointly) that are endorsed with a UArctic Field School label that is based on clearly defined quality criteria and in accordance with UArctic values and goals.
- To establish an annual field school operators’ seminar for member institutions, to facilitate the sharing of experiences, best practices, and methodologies, as well as to help identify the need for new field schools.
- To establish a short-term, non-credit, field-based training and awareness programs aimed at southern populations and private / public sector officials who could benefit from up-to-date instruction of northern issues.
||Winter Fieldwork, monitoring life under the sea ice, Svalbard(Peter Leopold/UNIS)